Wednesday 6 February 2013

danielles work recycled runway

Danielle's lessons the music inspired project i have strarted to make a dress my process so far.
stage1
 get shape of basque out of chicken wire.


stage 2
wrap plenty of plastic bags round a mannequin because i plan on using paper mache to build up the bodice for my dress this would stop the problem of the paper macho sticking to the bodice.


step 3 I've layers lots and lots of paper (newspaper) then because of the problem with the basque shape not being drawn in enough at the waste i started to pull in the waist with lots of masking tape this helped a lot then i just carried on building up the bust area and the hips.
then for the top bit of the dress after covering the whole basque my last few layers i will be using sheet music
.
after constructing my basque i made fan shapes with a4 music paper stapled them at top then stapled 3 at a time together after this processs to attach them i foound away of poutting to holes at the top of this an threaging them through the basque an twisting the thin mental sticks into the chicken wire underneath to keep the skirt part firmly in place.

on the machine with the free foot i did some music symbols and added them to the dress.
then added red ribbon to finish of round the top im etremely happy with this dress and have had amazing feed back on facebook saying everyone would wear it and sharing it to there friends.
At 1st this was the finished back but was not happy so added a diffrent bow.
this was the finished dress. my feed back was amazing and people said they cant wait till i start selling my dresses.

when i come to the end of my finished project i realised that my work did not tie into my abandoned research properly so what i did was get loads of dye and paint it on splash it on an burn the ends to give it the distressed look usually found with abandoned buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment